Cosmetic Dental Services Marion, NC
At Marion Family Dental, we offer cosmetic dental services in Marion. Patients can benefit from having a single procedure or having a full smile makeover. We understand that a persons' smile can transform their entire appearance, restore self-confidence, and make it easier to speak clearly. Whether your goal is to improve your appearance or to improve the functionality of your teeth – we can help.
Schedule a Cosmetic Dental Procedure Today
If you live in Marion, NC, we invite you to call (828) 652-6967 and schedule a consultation to speak with Devin Clark, DDS. During your appointment, we will examine your teeth and discuss the goals that you have for your smile. Since there are so many types of procedures to choose from, it is important to understand what you are trying to accomplish so that we can customize a recommendation that fits your lifestyle and timeframe goals.
Before we schedule any cosmetic dental services, we will want to ensure that your teeth and gums are in good health. It is essential that they are. Otherwise, you will take longer to heal, and your teeth will continue to deteriorate over time. Starting with healthy teeth, or restoring damaged ones during the process, is important for keeping your new smile looking fabulous for years to come.
Simultaneously, your gums need to be in good health before completing any major cosmetic work. Many people are unaware of how important the connection between the gums and teeth are. If your gums are receding or you have some level of gum disease, it will continue to advance and put your teeth at risk for further infection and even bone loss. Any level of gum disease can jeopardize any cosmetic work that we complete. Thus, if gum disease is present, we will treat it first.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dental Services Marion
Enhance Your Smile the Way You Want
Once you are ready for a cosmetic procedure, we will have you come in for your scheduled appointment time. We typically recommend starting with a teeth whitening procedure. This can be important because any restoration or cosmetic work you choose can involve creating a crown or veneer. Whether restoring a damaged tooth or replacing it, we typically create a new tooth using resin, ceramic, or porcelain. These materials are all similar in nature and are stain resistant. If we transform your smile with veneers, for example, they will not stain like natural teeth. The challenge is that they do not whiten like natural teeth either. That means that before you have cosmetic work, you will want to ensure that your natural teeth are the shade that you like. If you have all of your teeth corrected, then this is not an issue. If, however, you are only focusing on one or two teeth, they will be made to match your surrounding teeth. If you do not like their color, the newly-restored tooth will also be a shade that you do not like.
Our team will then go to work on transforming your smile from ordinary to stunning. Whether we are closing gaps between teeth, changing their overall shape or size, covering dark stains, straightening teeth, or restoring teeth, our cosmetic dental services can give you the smile you have always wanted. For more information or to speak with Marion Family Dental call 828-652-6967.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Services
Cosmetic dentists are primarily concerned with the appearance of their patients' smiles. However, their services also help repair the oral health and function of teeth. This review goes over the services commonly offered by cosmetic dentists that aim to repair teeth.Four of the most popular forms of cosmetic dentistry treatments are porcelain veneers, composite bonding,…
When you are unhappy with your smile, a cosmetic dentist can help. Some people may simply want to improve the appearance of their smile because of some minor issues. Other patients may be looking for a smile makeover because their smile has been altered by decay or a traumatic injury. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry can help…
Finding the right cosmetic dentist is important. Many dental patients do not realize that general dentists can perform cosmetic procedures, making it an easy process for any patient who is in need of cosmetic services to find a dental professional to assist them with their cosmetic dental needs. Ready to learn more about dental veneers?Learning…
Thinking undergoing one or more cosmetic dental services will enhance the way you look when smiling? Many people are now looking into their cosmetic dental options due to the many advancements that are being made in the dental industry. These advancements mean they can expect their cosmetic treatments to take fewer trips to the dentist.Looking…